This is a Contract between Kountry Inn Kennels (hereinafter called “Kennel”) and the pet owner whose signature appears below (hereinafter called “Owner”) for services for your pet (hereinafter called “Pet”).
1. Payment in full is expected for services at the time of check-in. Owner agrees to pay the rate for boarding in effect on the date Pet is checked into the Kennel as posted on the Schedule of Fees. Pets picked up after noon will be charged full boarding rate for that day. Should Owner fail to bring dog food for their Pet, the Owner agrees to pay a fee of $3.00- $5.00 per day for the Kennel to provide dog food, depending on the size of dog and amount of food given.
2. By signing this Contract and leaving the Pet with the Kennel, Owner certifies to the accuracy of all information given about said Pet to the best of their knowledge.
3. Kennel shall exercise reasonable care for the Pet delivered by the Owner to Kennel for boarding. It is expressly agreed by Owner and Kennel that Kennel’s liability shall in no event exceed fair market value for the Pet boarded. The Owner further agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behavior of said Pet while it is in the care of the Kennel. Owner agrees to be financially responsible for kennel property damaged by Pet. Reasonable costs for damage will be payable upon pickup of Pet.
4. Owner specifically represents that he or she is the sole owner of the Pet.
5. Owner specifically represents to Kennel that the Pet has not been exposed to rabies or distemper within a thirty-day period prior to boarding.
6. If the Pet becomes ill or if the Pet’s behavior is endangering itself, humans, or other animals, the Kennel, in its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian. All attempts will be made to contact the Owner of the Pet first, however in the event of an extreme emergency the well being of the Pet comes first and appropriate action will be taken. Medication will be administered as necessary under the direction of a veterinarian. The undersigned Owner hereby gives the veterinarian and their assistants complete authority to treat Pet in whatever manner deemed necessary by the veterinarian on duty. The Owner will be responsible for all veterinary charges upon release of the Pet.
7. Owner understands that by bringing their dog(s) into an environment where other dogs are present, that the chance of the dog contracting Kennel Cough is present. Although the Kennel Owner does disinfect the kennel daily and closely monitors the health of every dog being boarded, there are no guarantees that Kennel Cough will not be contracted. With this understanding, the Owner agrees to board their dog(s) and understands that any and all veterinary costs associated with Kennel Cough will be the responsibility of the Dog Owner and not the Kennel.
8. All pets are checked for external parasites (fleas/ticks) upon entry to the facility. If any external parasites are found, they will be treated accordingly and the Owner is responsible for those expenses.
9. Owner authorizes Kennel to use pictures of their Pet taken while participating in Kennel activities on its website and in other promotional materials.
10. Per the Ohio Revised Code Section 4741.30, Owner acknowledges that if they do not pick-up their dog by the scheduled pick-up time, they have two days to come and take possession of their dog. After two days, a certified letter will be mailed to Owner stating balance owed and date that Owner must come and take possession and render payment. After the stated date in the letter, the dog will be considered surrendered to and the property of Kountry Inn Kennels has the right to make any and all decisions regarding the dog’s care and ownership, not excluding the possibility of euthanasia, thereby surrendering the dog.
11. By signing this agreement the Owner indicates that he or she has read and accepted all policies listed in this agreement as well as all policies on Kennel’s Schedule of Fees.
12. This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties.